"Horrible And Smelly": Video Shows Slimy Substance In Real Fruit Juice Pack; Company Responds

Bakec

"Horrible And Smelly": Video Shows Slimy Substance In Real Fruit Juice Pack; Company RespondsFood hygiene and safety are always important factors to prevent food poisoning or other serious health consequences. In a recent viral video on X (formerly Twitter), a person shared a complaint against the popular packaged juice brand - Real Fruit Juice by Dabur. Taking to his X handle, Shaheer Khan shared a video in which he can be seen cutting into a juice package. He explained in the caption, "I opened it, took a sip and the taste was horrible and smelly. So I opened it and found this. I don't know what it is. Please transfer such juices in a transparent jar and then use @DaburIndia @fssaiindia @IFPRI @FAO."

In the video, we can see a slimy, greenish substance on a plate and another similar substance pops out as the person cuts open the now-empty pack of juice and shakes out its contents on the plate. He gives a closer look at the slimy substance found inside the pack of juice. The date of manufacturing can be seen as "Nov 2023" and the "Use By" date reads "May 2024."

The official handle of Real Juices responded in the comments section, writing, "Hi Shaheer, we regret the inconvenience caused, our product goes through rigorous quality checks and we maintain the highest standards to bring the best to our loving family." In a follow-up tweet, they added, "Learn more about the quality aspects of Real, India's No.1 Juice and Nectar Brand here: https://bit.ly/30787DQ. We would want to get this investigated. We request you to DM us your contact details, and one of our team members will surely get in touch with you on the same."

I opened it, took a sip and the taste was horrible and smelly.
So i opened it and found this. I dont know what it is.

Please transfer such juices in transparent jar and then use@DaburIndia @fssaiindia @IFPRI @FAO pic.twitter.com/VC4S2PZ2Uv

— Shaheer Khan, PhD ??? (@shaheerkhan) April 21, 2024

Several X users shared their reactions after watching this video on X.

An X user wrote, "Same thing happened with me. It smelled horrible but I didn't find anything in it." Another said, "Horrible. Disgusting. Has this got any certification from @fssaiindia?"

An internet user shared, "Not surprise to see such things in food material, it is very much possible if it is leaked or puffed." Another said, "That is why I have a simple urge to pour the juice in any transparent jar first and then use."

Have you ever encountered a similar issue with packaged juices? Share it in the comments section.